My Snow Angel

My Snow Angel

My little-self strokes the flakes sleeping on my mittens.
‘Look sugar!’ My words drift along the morning air.
Together we nuzzle the snow, spreading our arms and legs
Wide, sketching a template of ourselves until white dusting
Covers our heads. Our angel will never melt away,
As long as I promise snow can come back another day.

My bigger-self watches the flurries buzz across the night,
Dancing before slipping onto the pavement.
Together we shroud the numbing in our palms as I place
My hand to the glass. I see you lying in bed, arms and legs
Wide. Frozen. I promise to melt the snow away,
Only if I could be with you, my snow angel, for one last day.

Only if I could be with you, my snow angel, for one last day...Copyright © 2017- eliosh.wallpapers. All rights reserved.   



2 comments:

  1. This is touching and beautiful Jake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I hope you have a great end to the week.

      Delete