Fear

Fear

I fear I will be ignored again when my small intestine inflame; just like before when a doctor branded the Crohn’s disease symptoms of a nine-year-old boy as ‘imaginary’.

I fear I will be bullied again for not being able to run, write, read or speak ‘normally’; just like before when a group of school boys laughed at my dyspraxia.

I fear I will be standing beside a hospital bed again; just like before when my dad was placed into an induced coma because he developed septicaemia.

I fear I will die alone; looking at a reflected face of a frightened boy, my own face.

-----

In the darkest of times I fear all these things.

However, I have come to realise that in each of these situations there has been someone there to support me; a member of my family, a close friend, a caring teacher, a kind stranger. Thank you for being there for me.

I need to remember what my mum told me, that even on a cloudy day I should always look for the patch of blue in the sky. Then maybe my fears will wash away.

I should always look for the patch of blue in the sky...Copyright © 2017- Jake Borrett. All rights reserved.     


6 comments:

  1. Thank you for being so brave Jake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. U enlighten lots of people. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Joan. I wish you all the best.

      Delete
  3. Nice one, Jenga Jake. You are a smiley positive presence.
    Linda at the Hurst

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Linda. Make sure you stay in touch. I look forward to seeing you soon and writing some more.

      Delete